Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Prayer for Alleviating Fear

Ever have a situation where you were felt hopeless because of fear? You didn't think you could pass the test. You didn't think you could launch into a new phase of your life. You didn't think that you could climb that mountain.

You were stymied because of the fear of what could happen or because you didn't have the confidence to go forward.

Listen to the words of the psalmist who felt the strength of prayer: "Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. With the Lord on my side I do not fear. What can mortals do to me?" Psalm 118:5-6

Having the Lord on your side can make all the difference. That is why it helps to bring your challenges before God in prayer. You will have the confidence. You will have the strength of God to move ahead on what seems to be insurmountable. You need not fear what any human being could do to you.

Put your faith in God. Be open to tell God what challenge is before you. With God at your side, what do you have to lose?

Have you ever been at an impasse because of what you feared?

No comments:

Post a Comment