Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Consider It Done

When we pray, we usually consider it to be a futuristic activity. We pray for something that we expect God to hear, maybe mull it over, and the answer is yet to come.

The other day, I had prayed about something that was heavy on my mind. When I had spoken to the appropriate individual, I discovered that attention had already been given to the matter. How would I know?

Sometimes in our praying, God has already set the answer in motion before we have prayed.

Listen to the words from the prophet Isaiah: "Before they call, I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." (Isaiah 65:23)

If we truly believe that God knows our needs - even better than we do - we can count on God to know what is best and even trust God's timing. That timing might possibly mean that the answer is already in the works.

Have you ever had this happen to you with prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment