Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Agreeing in Prayer

Prayer can be a solitary activity. I pray by myself in the quietness of my home for my own needs and perhaps for the needs of others. My thoughts and words are the only things that matter.

But what if we were to add another person to the mix. Reflect now on the words of Jesus: "Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

There might be power in numbers. Finding another person who has the same "prayer wish" as you will have value. The church as Jesus envisioned it was not to be a solitary experience. We as believers make up his body.

Think of what it means to pray for others. At Savior Divine our prayer group meets on a monthly basis. Sometimes there might be as many as seven people present. We are all in agreement for whom we are praying. We want to see people recover from an illness or be helped in solving a personal problem.

By praying with others, we see ourselves in alignment in approaching the throne of God's grace. We also have the promise of our request being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment