Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Prayer as Trust

There are times when we do call upon the Lord for help. We have a faith that knows that God is needed at a given time. We also trust that God will be able to help. We might have a modicum of knowledge when it comes to Scripture, knowing how God has delivered his people. We believe that this same God can also help me.

We have the words of the psalmist who penned his words of prayer: "My trust is in you, O LORD; you are my God. I am always in your care; save me from my enemies, from those who persecute me." Psalm 31:14-15

Our trust in prayer can only come from believing that God has the power to make a difference in our lives. I believe that too often we cut God short. God is no bigger than our largest problem. When we realize that God is infinitely capable of helping, then we can have the certainty and the trust that God will use a way to help us that goes beyond what our human minds can imagine.

Do you have a trust in God to pray for whatever your concerns might be? How big is God for you that would allow him to work in your life regardless of the circumstance?

No comments:

Post a Comment