Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Praying with Conviction

We can pray with little confidence in what we pray for; it's as if we think there is only a slim chance that the prayer will be answered. Why might this be? Maybe we feel we are unworthy. Maybe we we feel the timing is off for us. Maybe we feel God may not really care that much about me.

Note the conviction that the psalmist had in addressing God: "For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. " Psalm 62:5-7.

We do need to look at our image of God as we pray. Do you have a God who is your fortress and a mighty rock? What you believe about God will make a difference in how you pray and even with your expectations.

Do you believe in a great God who can do all things? What is the measure of your faith?

When you do believe strongly in a God who is everything to you, you then can pray with conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment