Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Response from God

What happens when you pray and it seems like there is no response? You might wonder:

1. Maybe I'm not good enough in God's sight to get an answer.
2. Maybe I didn't say the right words.
3. Maybe I came to prayer too late in the game.

Consider now another way of thinking.

1. God heard me and has decided that what I asked for will not be good for me.
2. What I prayed for is not in accordance with God's will.
3. Maybe God has a different way of using me.

It is the last point #3 that I would have you think about.

The apostle Paul came to a point in his life where he had a "thorn in the flesh." He prayed three times for God to remove it and no luck. Then, he mentions that the Lord said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9

Yes, Paul's prayer was not answered because God was going to use the apostle's weakness to his glory. The next time you feel a prayer hasn't been answered, begin to ask yourself if God's power is seeking to come through you from your present condition!