Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Ubiquity of God

Our outdoor sign has the slogan this week: "Because God is everywhere; you can pray anywhere."

While we know that distance isn't a factor in our praying, it helps to be reminded that we really can pray anywhere.

Might there be some venues where you do feel closer to God? In church? Out in a park?

What about when you are in the hospital, or when you are driving and you get lost? Might these places also hold weight in terms of knowing God is near to you?

In the Psalms we read, "Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." Ps. 139:7-8

There is no place that we can flee from God. Despite that, we can know that we have a loving God who is always open to hearing our pleas as well as our words of thanks - at any place, and at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment