Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Answered Prayer and Your Response

I have often wondered about the affect of answered prayer in the lives of people. Maybe it is to give thanks for what appears to have been granted from God.  God came through in a difficult time and there is happiness and a cause for giving thanks.

Now, I wonder, too, if answered prayer has changed the person who has prayed in a much deeper way.  I came across these words of the psalmist that made me ponder this concern.  The psalmist wrote: "I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my supplications."  (Psalm 116:1)

Imagine the end result of answered prayer that leaves you in a state of love (or a stronger love) for God!  No, this is not a one time thanks for deliverance; but from the psalmist's viewpoint, that action of God resulted in a deeper change.  The psalmist felt a deeper relationship to God.

I invite you to reflect on your own life in terms of what your response is to answered prayer?  Is it short term or long term?  How will it impact your relationship to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment