Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Great Day for a Prayer Walk

I usually try to get more and more walking in each day.  I feel it is not only good for my health but also good for my mind.  It gives me thinking time.

Today, I decided to use my mind but in the form of a prayer walk down the streets around the church. As I passed by houses, I prayed for the Holy Spirit to work in the lives of those who live there.  I am not sure how many people don't know Christ as Savior and I don't know how many people are unchurched.  I feel I can always pray that the Spirit would work in those whom I passed by and they would be stirred to greater searching in their lives for having a closer relationship with God.

Sometimes, we wonder what can we all do for the kingdom of God.  It doesn't always have to be something of a great magnitude like an extensive service project.  It can simply be offering our prayers up to God to pray for those to grow in their faith.

If you have the time, I would encourage you to do such a walk!  It will be good for your health and also for the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment