Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wise Men Still Seek Him

The Outdoor Sign of our church currently reads: "Wise Men Still Seek Him (So do Wise Women)," which honors the Day of Epiphany which is January 6.

That slogan reminds me that as wise as I think I am, I still need the Lord. I just can't make it on my own. My own wisdom can easily turn on its head into foolishness.

Therefore, I need to pray for wisdom in what I do - especially as I enter into this new year. I will pray for wisdom regarding my personal life and also in being the pastor of a church. I realize that what I think of as wise may not be what God desires of me. Yet, I hope I can submit to the wisdom of God.

It's the time of the year to pray for wisdom as we think about the many facets of our lives for the next 12 months. There may be many forks in the road and many uncertain times that we face. Prayer is what will help us along as we submit to the One who created us and all things.

Those Wise Men had a star that guided them. We also need the light of Christ to guide us as we live each day of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment