Thursday, February 2, 2012

How You Start Your Day Matters

I have personally been in the habit of having devotions early in the morning after breakfast. I must confess here that sometimes, for various reasons, I have bypassed this ritual only to try to sneak it in later in the day. What I have found on such days is that my day doesn't seem to have started right. Something was missing.

The words of Psalm 5:3 read: "O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch." The psalmist here was pleading for having God's strength in order to live a righteous life, realizing the taunting coming from his enemies. I would believe that starting out the day with prayer did make a difference.

Early in the morning there are many things vying for our attention such as television and the daily newspaper. How willing are you to let God be first for you in the morning? I believe that when God has priority and we have a proper start to the day, it sets the tone for the rest of the day. We will live in the strength of God. We will be open to all that God wants to do in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment