Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Church Staff also Need Your Prayers

Those who are on staff at churches certainly do need to be included in the members' prayers; and if possible, the prayers of others.  Those who are on staff do appreciate the help in difficult times to find the strength for ministry.

I came across this prayer of the apostle Paul who felt this need as he wrote to the Christians in Rome.
"I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in earnest prayer to God on my behalf, that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea, and that my ministry to Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company."  Romans 15:30-32

I hope you would be praying for the staff of your church.  We surely need it with the challenges that are before us.  Every so many years I receive a postcard from the seminary I graduated from saying that the students there are praying for my class during the week.  It's been refreshing to have that knowledge.

When we get into a routine of praying for each other, we recognize the partnership that we share in doing God's work - regardless of our status at church.  It also says that none of us is beneath the need and encouragement that prayer can bring.  So, will you please keep up those prayers, including praying for those of us on staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment