Monday, March 3, 2014

Praying in Lent

The season of Lent is upon us.  It is a time for examination and for renewal as we look at our relationship with God.  How confident are you in the relationship you have?  Are you confident enough about your living that you could call on God to examine you inside and out?  This is what David did as we read in one of his psalms.

He wrote:  "Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.  Prove me O LORD, and try me; test my heart and mind."   Psalm 26:1-2

Frankly, I don't know if I could be so positive about my life that I could call on God to examine me and thinking that all is okay between me and my Creator.

Maybe, though, the words of David invite us really to analyze our relationship with God and our living. Do you have the confidence to offer up such a prayer to God?  Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt so confident?

Even amid recognizing all of our faults before God, we still can come to God and seek renewal.  I believe this is what Lent is all about.  I hope Lent will be a meaningful time for you and that your prayer life will be enriched.

No comments:

Post a Comment