Friday, May 17, 2013

The Comfort of Many Prayers

Recently, my mother entered respite care.  Hopefully, it will only be a short duration.  I have been praying for her in my daily prayers.  Her name is also lifted up on Sundays in my church.

This past week, someone I know mentioned that her church has also been praying for my mother.  This made me stop and think of the many prayers being offered up on behalf of her.  The church at large comes into play.

In addition to these prayers, there are the prayers by Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Jesus is one who intercedes to God the Father for us.  The Holy Spirit prays as well in sighs too deep for us to comprehend.

It's quite a feeling to know how the community of the church and also the divine being of God all play a role in the concern for one individual.  It makes me feel that we are never alone in this world, even in our greatest time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment