Thursday, October 17, 2013

Prayer with a Sense of Trust

If we do ask someone to help us, we usually want someone whom we know will come through for us.  It might even be someone who has been strongly recommended to us.  The psalmist in the midst of adversity was willing to place his trust in God.  We have the words:  "But I call upon God; and the LORD will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he will hear my voice.  He will redeem me unharmed from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me."  (Psalm 55:16-17)


Note the word of confidence here.  Against all odds, the psalmist is willing to trust God to save him.

This Sunday I will be preaching on the story (Luke 18:1-10) of the widow who goes before the judge and pleads her case.  In this story that Jesus gave, he mentioned that the judge did not fear God or have respect for people.  Yet, the widow's persistence gives a verdict in her favor!

If such is the case for this woman before a godless judge, how much more will God do for us.  In other words, we can wholeheartedly place our trust in God who is compassionate and desires our good above all else. Are you willing to pray with such trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment